Monday, April 10, 2023

BUT ARE THEY MERELY JUST COINCIDENCES?

 

Regular readers of this blog already know that strange and unusual things keep happening to me where I currently live. 

But lately there have been more than a few occurrences that seem, at least to me, straight out of The Twilight Zone.

I’m talking about the sudden onslaught of "coincidences."

Take, for example, the three new houses that were built in a row on land that formerly was nothing but a dense forest leading up to my house. The address numbers of these houses, in order, just happen to be the year I graduated from elementary school, the year I graduated from high school four years later, and the year I got married, four years after that. 

Usually, because houses have odd numbers on one side of the road and even numbers on the other, they are two numbers apart on each side - 1,3,5,7 or 2,4,6,8, etc., but these three houses are four numbers apart...just like the significant dates they represent to me.

Kind of weird.

And in one of those houses lives a woman named Sally Ann, which just happens to be my name.

And in the house next to hers, a young family just moved in and they have a daughter named Wynter, which also is my dog's name – even spelled in the same creative way (but my dog has had the name five years longer than their daughter).

Then, not long ago I met the owner of another new house across the road from the aforementioned other three, and he and I both were very surprised to discover we previously were neighbors for over 20 years, yet never had met...until we moved from there to here…into The Twilight Zone.

Up until recently, I've been blaming all of the strange happenings around here on the possibility my land contains the remains of some ancient burial ground, and the spirits are angry I built my house on their sacred land and are trying to convince me to leave (okay, so maybe I’ve seen the movie Poltergeist one too many times).

 But now I’m seriously thinking Rod Serling's ancestors are buried here instead.

#   #   # 

Sally Breslin is an award-winning, syndicated humor-columnist who has written regularly for newspapers and magazines all of her adult life. She is the author of several novels in a variety of genres, from humor and romance to science-fiction and thrillers. Contact her at: sillysally@att.net


FREE E-BOOKS!


No comments:

Post a Comment