Monday, July 9, 2018

SO WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL OF THIS VINEGAR?



After nearly coughing up a lung the other night when I used a spray cleaner that smelled like a chemical plant, I decided it might be to my benefit to try to find something more organic to use. To my surprise, my Internet search brought me to the word "vinegar" more often than any other product.

Apparently vinegar is an inexpensive all-purpose product, that has a zillion more uses than just being mixed with oil and poured over lettuce. It's used for everything from washing windows to making stainless steel and chrome sparkle. And, according to various websites, if you spray it on glass, like a mirror, and then wipe if off with newspaper, the ink in the newspaper, combined with the vinegar, provides a shine so bright, you'll have to wear sunglasses whenever you look at your own reflection.

The websites also said that vinegar mixed with baking soda, when poured down a sink drain, will bubble up like a volcano and unclog everything from grease to giant hairballs.

And apple-cider vinegar (not the white variety) left in a dish on a cupboard shelf, will attract household bugs and then mercilessly drown them.

I was intrigued.  Vinegar, I decided, was an all-purpose miracle liquid.  I even began to wonder if I bathed in it, if it would preserve me like a giant dill pickle and prevent me from aging.

So the next time I went to the supermarket, I bought a jug of vinegar large enough to drown in. It cost me barely pennies, however, when compared to the cleaning products I'd previously been purchasing.

Being the sudden owner of what seemed like a keg of vinegar inspired me to do a more thorough Internet search for its uses.  One particular tip immediately caught my eye and intrigued me  The website said if you are concerned about using harsh chemical hair-dyes and want an all-natural alternative for brown and brunette shades, to mix one-half cup of vinegar with one-quarter cup of soy sauce, then pour the mixture over freshly washed hair, let it set for 20 minutes and wash it out. The result?  Shiny, chestnut-tinted hair with no chemical residue..

I rushed back to the store for a giant bottle of soy sauce.

The other night, I decided to try the concoction.  I washed and towel-dried my hair, then poured on the soy sauce and vinegar mixture. It smelled pretty bad.  And it was drippy.  It dripped down my neck, into my ears and into my eyes. I prayed I wouldn't end up with chestnut-tinted eyeballs.

When I sat on the sofa to wait out the 20 minutes, my dogs immediately came over to sniff me.  Then they stared hungrily at me as if I were a giant piece of beef teriyaki. Visions of them ravenously attacking my head and ripping out chunks of hair immediately filled my mind.

After I finally washed out the stuff, I didn’t notice any chestnut color at all in my hair.  In fact, it looked as if it had sprouted a few more gray hairs.  And my scalp felt as if someone had taken a blowtorch to it.  But the worst part was my head still smelled like soy sauce and vinegar. So I washed my hair again.

The next morning, I was standing in line at the post office, when I overheard a woman behind me say to her friend, "I smell Chinese take-out.  The staff here must go get their lunches really early."

Note to self: Stop reading "helpful hints" on the Internet.


#   #   #


CLICK HERE ===> https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/384106












No comments:

Post a Comment